This article covers how to upload images for page use on a Magento store.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Navigating to the Image Uploader
While editing content in Magento, there is an "insert image" feature that allows you to insert images directly into that content. For this article, we'll be using some of its functionality.
1. Log into your Magento Admin Panel.
2. Navigate to Content > Elements > Pages
3. Either Create a new page or edit one.
After clicking on either "Add New Page" or "Edit" you will be brought to a new page where you will see some basic information about your page. You will also see dropdown menus and the one that we are interested in is the one that says "Content".
4. Click on the Content dropdown and click on "Edit with Page Builder. This will open the Page Builder editor.
5. Next, hover over the HTML content and a utility popup will appear with a gear icon, click on it.
Using the Image Uploader
Now we are finally ready to use the Image uploader. At the top of the screen, you will see a button that says "Insert Image..." This is the button that we will be using.
1. Place the cursor where you want to insert the new image and click on the Insert Image... button.
A new screen will appear which is split into 3 sections which includes
- Folder Structure: Allows you to navigate to other folders if needed.
- Images: Show current images in the folder.
- Actions: Include uploading, inserting, and deleting of folders and images.
By default, the folder that it should have opened to is wysiwyg (What You See Is What You Get) and should have images in that folder. For this example, we will also use this folder.
2. Click on Browse... and select the image that you want to upload from your computer.
3. Once the image is done uploading, click on it and a new button will appear at the top that says "Add Selected".
After clicking on the Add Selected button, you will be brought back to the HTML editor where you will see that your image has been inserted.
Using the New Image
The last thing that needs to be done is to save the page.
1. To save, click on the Save button in the top right of the screen.
NOTE: Clicking save only saves the HTML CODE not the page.
2. To save the page we need to click on the minimize arrows on the Page Builder editor.
3. Click the save button one last time to finally save the change to the page.
Now you should be able to navigate to that page and see your new image.
Not seeing your change? Read How To Clear Magento 2 Cache
Didn't work or have questions? Get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org