Instructions for creating a product and assigning it to a category
Step 1: Create the new product
- Log into Counterpoint
- Click on Inventory on the left-side panel which will bring up various options in the right pane relating to Inventory
- Find Items and click on it to open it
Step 2: Create a new Simple Product
- Enter a new Item Number that another product isn't using and hit enter on the keyboard
- You can enter a description and set a price and set anything else that is needed for this product. Primary Vendor, Tax Category, Stocking Unit, etc.
Step 3: E-commerce Tab
- Check the Ecommerce Item checkbox (This is needed for your item to appear in your store)
- There are some things to know about the Image file input.
- Image names MUST match the Item Number that you created in the previous step
- Images CAN NOT be over 2 MB
- Images MUST be uploaded to the Item_Images folder
- Click on the 3 dots to browse your local files and find the image that you would like the product to have
- Edit the HTML Description (This is usually your products description)
- Click on save to edit Category (This is what category it will be assigned to on the website)
NOTE: Category button will greyed out until you save the product.
Step 4: Custom Tab (CP-Commerce)
- Click on the Custom Tab (CP-Commerce)
- Enable Ecommerce Item
- Enable Web Enabled
- Save your product again
Once the product sync checks for new/changed products your new product will sync to your Magento Store.
NOTE: Product syncs normally happen every 10 minutes.