In this article, we provide a step-by-step guide on how to setup a free shipping promotion for FedEx, UPS, and USPS. This guide is an overview of the free shipping setup and does not cover setting up cart price rule conditions and actions in-depth.
By default, FedEx uses Ground as its free method. If you plan to use Ground, you will only need to create the cart price rule.
- Create a Cart Price Rule following our guide here: Magento 2: How to Apply Rules for Discount/Coupon Codes.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
- Click FedEx / UPS / USPS and then scroll down until you see the field Free Method.
- Uncheck Use system value and change the value of the dropdown to the method you would like to use for free shipping.
- In the upper right hand corner, press Save Config.
- Clear cache following our guide here: Magento 2: How to Refresh Cache.