This article will guide you on how to refund eGift card only orders.
The following steps only work for orders with just an eGift card. If there are other items on the order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Performing a Credit Memo
The first step to refunding an eGift card is performing a credit memo on the order online. This will refund the payment for the card.
To perform a credit memo:
- Sign into your Magento admin panel.
- Navigate to Sales > Orders.
- Find the order you wish to do a credit memo on and click View on the right.
- On the left, click Invoices.
- In the table that appears, find the column labeled Actions and click the View link underneath it.
- On the new page, click Credit Memo in the top right.
- Once the page reloads, scroll to the bottom and click Refund.
Now that we've refunded the payment, we can void the gift card.
Step 2: Voiding the Gift Card
To void the gift card:
- Open Counterpoint.
- Navigate to System > Gift Cards > Edit Gift Cards.
- Find the gift card you wish to void.
- Click Void in the top right corner.
- Make sure to save in the top left.