This article will help users understand how sales email settings and sender settings relate.
- First, we want to set up the store email addresses so that order confirmations come from the right email.
Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
In the side bar on the left, scroll down to the General section open it and click on “Store Email Addresses”.
Enter a Sender Name and Sender Email for each contact.
- Go back to the main configuration page.
- After clicking SALES, you will see a number of options drop-down as can be seen below. Click on the one that says Sales Emails:
- After clicking Sales Emails, you should see the following options on the right hand side:
Order Confirmation Email
Click Order. You should now see the following options:
- The option I have surrounded in black is where you can use one of the senders you should have already configured to send confirmation emails.
- The option I have surrounded in red is where the order confirmation is set for logged-in customers.
- The option I have surrounded in blue is where the order confirmation is set for guest customers.
- The option I have surrounded in green is where you can enter which email addresses to send order confirmation email copies to.
Make note of the name in the dropdown.
As a reminder, the following are just examples. Please refer to your website's admin panel for what your actual email template is set as.
- For example, for logged-in customers, you would use New Order. The (Default) is just indicating this is the default setting and is NOT a part of the template name.
- For guests, you would use New Order for Guest. As stated above, the (Default) is just indicating this is the default setting and is NOT a part of the template name.