This article will guide you through the steps of adding category information to the website.
- Go to Catalog → Categories and select the category you would like to edit.
- Once a category has been synced from Counterpoint, you can modify the following areas.
Do not change Category Name or URL Key.
- Enable Category - this sets whether the category is accessible to customers.
- Include in Menu - this sets whether the category shows in the top navigation menu.
- Category Image - this sets the image that shows at the top of the category landing page.
- Description - This will be overwritten by the HTML description in Counterpoint.
- Search Engine Optimization
- URL Key - This must not be modified.
- Meta Title - this adds the meta title for SEO crawlers will default to "Name" if nothing is entered.
- Meta Keywords - this add the meta keywords for SEO crawlers
- Meta Description - this adds the meta description for SEO crawlers (not visible unless viewing source)
- For more information about the category meta data, please see Magento's article on this section: https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/catalog/categories-search-engine-optimization.html
3. Category Page View